Resource icon

Reverse Post Order [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
I am trying to install this add-on after installing Standard Library, but I get this error;

The following errors must be resolved before continuing:
  • Reverse Post Order requires Live Content v1.2.0+.
  • This add-on cannot be installed/upgraded because the following files are missing: src/addons/SV/ReversePostOrder/XF/Admin/Controller/Forum.php.

Xon, is it possible to enable this on a per thread basis?
Nope.

I am trying to install this add-on after installing Standard Library, but I get this error;

The following errors must be resolved before continuing:
  • Reverse Post Order requires Live Content v1.2.0+.
  • This add-on cannot be installed/upgraded because the following files are missing: src/addons/SV/ReversePostOrder/XF/Admin/Controller/Forum.php.
There was an accident dependency on Live Content, I'll relax that requirement.

As for the missing file, please ensure all files are uploaded.

Nope.

There was an accident dependency on Live Content, I'll relax that requirement.

As for the missing file, please ensure all files are uploaded.
Thanks for the quick fix, I have now installed it without error.

How do I actually use this? Where do I find the settings?

The settings are per-forum, so you need to edit the node settings. Fairly few options all up.

For anyone else trying to figure out where the setting is, here is where I found it.

ACP->Forums->Nodes
Select Forum to edit
Select Advanced Options

A new option is added by this add-in

1609352102799.webp

I'm new to Xenforo and must say have found a lot of add-ins to be fairly poorly documented, for a paid add-in I expect at least some documentation to install and configure.

My forum is about an illness, each user having a dedicated thread that often goes on for years. So being able to sort posts in reverse chronological order is very helpful.

However, the fact that the reply box is still stuck at the bottom of each page negatively impacts usability, esp. if one is are quoting/reading other posts while replying.

It was possible modify this behavior in VB and XF1, which we used before upgrading to XF2. But now I am getting a lot of complaints. Is there any way to change this?

@Xon Unfortunately the add-on doesn't seem to be working for me.

I've already clicked the option in a node's settings, but it's just still showing me the oldest reply first...

1655687983354.webp

XF2.2.9
PHP 8.1.7

@Xon Unfortunately the add-on doesn't seem to be working for me.

I've already clicked the option in a node's settings, but it's just still showing me the oldest reply first...

View attachment 269887

XF2.2.9
PHP 8.1.7
Please open a ticket on my site, this may be a compatibility issue with another add-on and I will likely require access or for you to disable other add-ons and then try with just this add-on enabled; then re-enable add-on's until it breaks again.

Where is the feature enabled in the admin CP? I expected it to be a node property but I do not see any option to set this feature.

It has been installed on our site but I cannot find the control to turn it on under the nodes in aCP.

OK, I found it in the ACP in the node listing. I missed that check box on my first scan. I think I will need the sticky post addon also to make it useful. I may be able to include enough information in the thread title to work,

Last edited:
@Xon is there a way to keep the Original Post on top and not affected by this addon? Looks like article forum type will replicate this for now.

@Xon is there a way to keep the Original Post on top and not affected by this addon? Looks like article forum type will replicate this for now.
Yes, my sticky any post addon:

Yes, my sticky any post addon:
Hi Xon, thanks for the help as always! I have to say, I did stop using this as the UX was really difficult with the ajax loading features of posts. For example, "There are more posts to display. View them?" thing constantly pops up and it loads the latest 2 posts above it.

Maybe there's a way to turn off the ajax, but I wonder if after a user posts, if it will reload the page to the first page with most recent post, or if it will reload to the last page with the oldest post.

I haven't investigated the new posts behavior, as it is quite difficult to test reliably and it hasn't been a significant demand for it.

Some of our users are asking for this. Does this add-on allow users to choose themselves?
We wouldn't want this applied for all users.

This is currently a sub-forum-wide option, please contact me if you are interested in making that per-user

Top Bottom