XF 2.0 Reuploading the original Forum.php is not ending the corrupted content warning in ACP

entelechy

I made a few modifications in Forum.php a while ago, all went well, but now I'm removing that functionality completely. I'm in the process of upgrading to 2.1 and have had issues with that process, potentially because I'm getting an error for incorrect content for Forum.php.

Even after going back to the 2.0.7 upgrade version of XF (last one installed) and copying the Forum.php file contents from there and pasting it into my live Forum.php, the same error is still showing.

I've tried it 10+ times, restarted nginx and php, done XF master rebuilds, but it's still showing the incorrect content for Forum.php alone. Has anyone dealt with this before or do the team have any idea on what I'm doing wrong or why it might not be resolving this error warning?

Uploading the original file should resolve any file warning errors.

If it doesn't then that suggests there is some level of over aggressive server caching.

The strange thing is though that there were two other modified files showing the same error also (3 total) but the other two were core files from XFRM. When I disabled and uninstalled XFRM earlier today, both of those errors were removed straight away. If it was a cache issues with nginx, my feeling is that they would also have still rendered the cached version after removal?

No matter what I do with Forum.php this error remains though. I originally installed with 2.0.6 full version, then upgraded with 2.0.7 upgrade pack only. Could it be that by just uploading the Forum.php from 2.0.7 upgrade pack that it's missing some code from 2.0.6, or would the 2.0.7 Forum.php completely overwrite the 2.0.6 Forum.php during a normal upgrade process?

The upgrade archive is the correct one to use when upgrading - the full archive should only ever be used for a new installation.

Solved, and for reference for anyone as silly as me in the future, I was copy-pasting from sublime text to my Forum.php file, which was bringing with it different formatting to what the original Forum.php file has. Thanks Brogan

Top Bottom