Retry time not reached - mail - cpanel

dutchbb

Got this 2 times now when a member changed his email but the confirmation mail hangs in cpanel defer. It states 'retry time not reached' and get like 70 times it tries to send this mail. To stopt this i delete the mail on cpanel.

Shouldn't the bounce mail handle this? Or is it cpanel related? Everything else is working correct (sending mails and bounce handling).

Edit: Almost forgot, both times was an non-excisting mail adress. First one was '@outlook.nl', this should be .com to work and second one was a company/server mail i presume is not correct.

Last edited:
There are a lot of references to this error on the official cPanel forums so it could well be related and worth checking with them.

However, how is this manifesting itself? Is it an error in the Admin server error log? If so, can you share the full error message, stack trace and request state?

I did check the cpanel (forums) and could not find the cause of this particular problem, but i will try to search more specific maybe i can find something related.

No error in server log. It just keeps trying to send the mail without it bouncing like normally happens. I think this is because it is a non-exsistent mail server, like 'outlook.nl' which would be the same as sending to @gmail.org or something else.

If somebody has cpanel and changes his email on forum to 'something@outlook.nl' maybe this can be reproduced. If not it would be related to my setup.

Looks like this is because exim can't connect with the reciever (invalid domain or no response server) and cpanel keeps trying until it permanently fails.

Top Bottom