Retrieve from extern PHP XenForo infos

arsenik

Hi,

I have done some sort of research on that but havent found much to be honest. I thought it would be simplier to ask here than start digging into XF's deep source code, but maybe it'll end up a necessity depending on the answers.

I wonder how can I retrieve the registration IP and the confirmation IP of a user given his userid?
Basically I'd like a function like
GetConfirmationIP(userid)
GetRegistrationIP(userid)

And retrieve a string containing the IPs from these functions.

Problem is that it looks a bit complicated on how to obtain that. Looks like the registration IPs are stocked in a MySQL BLOB, somewhere in xf_data_registry and keyname dnsBlCache, however I'm not sure how to extract the info's I want (I'm not even sure either that's the correct Key or anything).

Note that I would retrieve this from an 'external' PHP script (i.e. not a xenforo addon, but still on the same host than my XF install). Is this possible?

Thanks (to be clear what I wanna know is how to do the query)

Last edited:
Try:
PHP:
Zend_Debug::dump(XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_User')->getRegistrationIps($userId));
Daniel, thanks for the information. I wonder though, since this is an external PHP, which require_once should I do to be able to use those API functions.
I would have preferred to be able to use a MySQL query for simplicity, but if it's not possible, I guess I'll stick to XF api.

Basically, if you were to do a .php that is put directly in public_html, what modules should I include to be able to access the api (im not ultra familiar I must say
with the inners of XF, usually when I messed with addons I was only modifying them or for my PHP, I only used queries so far to get what I wanted out of my forum)

Thanks!

Guys, I wanna revive this topic to know how to use the call.

Basically, as said, I'm not calling this from a XenForo addon, so the Zend_Debug::dump call won't work since it's within XF.
However is there a way I can use the call (given the fact, again, I call this from an external PHP, my own website stuff) with a require_once or something?

And if not can this be done another way?

I'm basically trying to get the country flag given a userid, that's my real objective. Thought I could use GeoIP against the registration IP, hence why I'm looking for the registration IP.

If you're including the XenForo library and can use XenForo_* classes, then you can also use the Zend_Debug one.

Top Bottom