Retire Forum

upnet

Wondering what you all do when a forum becomes no longer relevant? I am thinking to archive it somewhere but not sure where it would make sense to put it. Anyone have a method they have used?

I have so much of them but eventhough they are dead they still get visitors from google. I create an Archive forum in the end of the board and stack every forum there as a subforum.

Wondering what you all do when a forum becomes no longer relevant? I am thinking to archive it somewhere but not sure where it would make sense to put it. Anyone have a method they have used?

You can always sell it. People like me and others buy forums all the time

If it is no longer relevant, why not just close it? Or did you mean to say that it is no longer active (but you want to keep it open for reference)?

I close them, move them to the Archive forum and hide them from the forum index. They are still available from search engines. So I keep the ranking.

Some context might help - when you say forum do you mean the whole site (with all it's forums and sub-forums) - or do you mean a single forum within your site that is no longer in fashion / being used?

Top Bottom