resurrect old forum or not?

I think you may be the only one who can answer yourself. How much is it worth it to you? Is this a forum that generates any income? If yes, then how much? Enough to spend the $200? If it doesn't generate any income, is it worth enough to you to keep such community going?

Good luck!

I think you may be the only one who can answer yourself. How much is it worth it to you? Is this a forum that generates any income? If yes, then how much? Enough to spend the $200? If it doesn't generate any income, is it worth enough to you to keep such community going?

Good luck!
Thing is there has already been an investment made, if i can host on same server as my new forum then operational costs should be $0 , that being the case i think i can recoup the "resurrection" cost in the first year

i cant !! the server requirements for IPB 4 is insane my php is up to snuff but my MYSQL is too low and my host wont upgrade because of shared server so I'm stuck

i cant !! the server requirements for IPB 4 is insane my php is up to snuff but my MYSQL is too low and my host wont upgrade because of shared server so I'm stuck
Upgrade to the latest 3.4.x version. No need to go to 4.1 unless they EOL'ed 3.4.

I see they changed the client area. I just downloaded 3.4.6 a couple weeks ago to upgrade a site that was running 3.3.4. I don't care for v4 at all. I like 3.4.x and think it is the best they will ever offer.

I see they changed the client area. I just downloaded 3.4.6 a couple weeks ago to upgrade a site that was running 3.3.4. I don't care for v4 at all. I like 3.4.x and think it is the best they will ever offer.
pretty bad when they don't allow any older downloads and i had to use some random "legit" download on google to upgrade to 3.4.9

in my searches tho i did find a crap ton of NULLED xenforo stuff many of the things I've paid for , that don't really give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside

in my searches tho i did find a crap ton of NULLED xenforo stuff many of the things I've paid for , that don't really give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside
Yep. I've seen it to. What's troubling is they show up on most searches for xenforo. I know this always has and always will happen, but, I would like to know what would cause a person to buy an addon and then post it on a warez site. Makes no sense to me.

It looks like the site is off to a good start since you revived it.

Normally you can submit a ticket and they will provide you the link the the latest that you were authorized for on the 3.x line. They don't LIKE to do it, but for some conversions you have to have it and then upgrade the 3.x to 4.1 series. I'm pretty sure though that the 3.4 line is already EOL.

got things back rolling installed a ton of addons and put an arcade on it with over 1100 games i already had on an old harddrive.

just dumped some $ on facebook post boosting will see how this goes did land 4 sponsors and $600 already so this turned out to be a good idea and its beating my xenforo forum on Adsense revenue somehow already

If there were a reason to close it in the first place, then why invest time in again? Don't you think you'll reach the same conclusion again?

If there were a reason to close it in the first place, then why invest time in again? Don't you think you'll reach the same conclusion again?

Most of the time it is just the owner doesn't have time or something else happens other than an actual deliberate closing of the forum.

Most of the time it is just the owner doesn't have time or something else happens other than an actual deliberate closing of the forum.

If that is so, then why would you resurrect it? I really don't get it. It is all about priorities and time I know, but if you decided that you didn't have the time once, then you might not have it still?

We recently done the same - got an old site back up. If not only for nostalgia reasons.
Of course we stuck to Xenforo and didn't have to google for pirating IPB software.

Top Bottom