XF 1.5 Restrict Permission by Number of Posts

bibitbunga

So I have a certain forum which I want to apply some restriction. Only members with minimal 30 posts that are allowed to create thread therem how may I do this?
Thank you

Create a user group and promotion which promotes members who have at least 30 posts to that group.

Revoke the post new thread permission in that node for the registered user group, allow it for the promoted user group.

Only recently active members are promoted automatically.

Run the Rebuild User Group Promotions under cache rebuild - admin.php?tools/rebuild
Thank you! I have seen them coming as the new promoted group.

I have set everything and want to make sure it is correct. How to view forum as other account? I want to see as other accounts to confirm.

Create a user group and promotion which promotes members who have at least 30 posts to that group.

Revoke the post new thread permission in that node for the registered user group, allow it for the promoted user group.
Paul, I have make a new promotion for "registered" members that have posted 30 messages will be promoted as "registered active"

And then in this forum of mine where I want to restrict that people who would be able to post there has posted at least 30 posts, I have set the node permission. I set permission "NO/red" of post new threads for "registered" and I set "Yes/green" for "registered active".

But it seems not work. I see some members that have posts below 30 (and I checked, they are not have secondary group "registered active" - just primary group "registered") and they are able to post. I see some threads made by "registered", where it should be "registered active" that has that access.

Am I doing wrong? What is the difference between "NO/red" and "Grey/not set" in permission? I used the red one and hence the problem. And now I've changed to grey. Hope it would work..

Am I doing wrong? What is the difference between "NO/red" and "Grey/not set" in permission? I used the red one and hence the problem. And now I've changed to grey. Hope it would work..
Node permissions don't have a grey "Not Set (No)", they have a grey "Inherit". "Not Set (No)" is a user group permission.

Red is "Never" and you should generally not use this as it cannot be overridden. You should use "Not Set (No)" in group permissions or "Revoke" in Node permissions instead.

As Paul said, you need to set the Post New Thread permission in that node (ie in node permissions, not user group permissions) to "Revoke" for the registered user group, and set it to "Allow" in that node for the promoted user group.

@Mr Lucky @Martok Oh I see! This explains why the non-promoted group still sees it! :D

Ok, so the promoted group will include admins and moderators also, right? Because the only requirement is posts > 30..

In the promoted group, should I set "edit thread by anyone" to revoke, never, or inherit? In order to make the administrators can edit thread, and the promoted ones not able to edit as they set in primary group's permission

Sorry if I am confusing everyone :(

Ok, so the promoted group will include admins and moderators also, right? Because the only requirement is posts > 30..
It will include everyone who meets the promotion requirements.

In the promoted group, should I set "edit thread by anyone" to revoke, never, or inherit? In order to make the administrators can edit thread, and the promoted ones not able to edit as they set in primary group's permission
If it's only the administrator user group that you want to have that permission then you give it to that user group, not the promoted user group. However if administrators are to have that permission everywhere, it should be assigned in their user group permissions, not in node permissions.

I think you're getting confused over permissions and when to assign at group level (which are global permissions) and when to assign at node level (which are permissions specific to a forum/node). I suggest you (re-)read the guide on permissions:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Top Bottom