Restore a Deleted User Account?

That's basically what I do if a user wants their account deleted, I no longer actually delete accounts.

And I will probably start doing this, currently I just ban them with the reason "self requested account closure" (I changed the ban phrase to: Your account has been closed for the following reason: {reason}

Well, I was thinking there had to be a way to recover. When I have deleted someone before (upon their request0, the message box clearly says, "this will not remove any post or threads"
So the data is still there. I also see the name of the person is still in the database. So, I am trying to figure out how to get the TWO elements back together again.

I had two accounts on my forum. I had my personal identity "Donnie" and also as Admin Identity 'dbxxskell". I did a very stupid thing and deleted my Admin Identity as there wasn't really much to keep anyways. However, I wish I had MERGED the two. I was not thinking clearly when I did that, So, in the database, I still see my admin name with the ID of "0"
I wish I could get it all back now. As a matter of fact, it is the conversations that I wish I could get back. I am still kicking myself for not merging the two.

I have an old database that had both of these identities in them. I guess I could create a mirror site to import that data. Then take the xf_user (ID) and import that one user into my new database.

Top Bottom