1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Responsive! Responsive?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by GeorgeS, Jan 28, 2016.

1. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Member

I just help friends to switch from a mailing list to XenForo, and most things looks fine, but I got some feedback on responsiveness (correct noun?).

I use a OnePlus One. Opera shows the new forum in a mobile design, scaled to the screen. Chrome displays the new forum in a mobile design as well, but the scaling is too high, so parts of the screen are hidden on the right side of my phone, so I have to scroll or change the scaling by pulling it together.

A user who uses an iPhone reported me that on his device the design is the same as on a PC.

From what I've seen in the past, I think it is not a XenForo issue, but some advice on how to fix this would be nice. (I've set Opera on my OnePlus One to "mobile", but didn't find a similar switch in the Chrome settings, but assume that Chrome is set to "mobile" as well as it shows a "mobile" design.)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Which site is it?

Perhaps the issues are due to the style.
  3. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Member

Hello, Brogan -

as it's a closed forum, the URL will not help much. But ... we changed General -> Page Width Controller to

to keep the message area in a smaller window on big screens.
  4. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Member

Update: I think, I found it: I changed "width" to "max-width", and now it looks a lot better.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you will need to use max-width in order to keep the responsiveness.

Using width will fix it to a single width, regardless of viewport size.
    GeorgeS likes this.