Responsive cPanel Themes

DRE

Are any of you using any cPanel theme different from the default cPanel theme?

cPanel has an alpha version of a responsive theme that you can try out as a demo on their website.

You can even download it and use it for your own site but they advise not to run it on live sites.

http://themes.cpanel.net/x4/

Yeah, waiting for it to at least hit bleeding edge before we add it. Really looking forward to it as I work from my Droid a lot.

Reactions: DRE
No I haven't yet, only my production servers have cPanel and not going to install something not even considered an alpha version to a production server, far too high of a security risk,

Someone in this thread says that you can install it on a production server but most of the icons aren't useable.
Point being - yes, you can install it on a production server (as you can almost ANY software whether it is ALPHA, BETA, RC or official release). Problem come in if there are security holes there - which you do NOT want on a production server, especially if that server is used to host numerous customer sites. ;)

Someone in this thread says that you can install it on a production server but most of the icons aren't useable.

All the add-ons you installed were able to be installed on a production server.. Look what happened to your site :D As excited as I am for this, yes, I'll wait until it's part of at least bleeding edge build for a few weeks.

The only other ones I ever used beside the defaults included on any of the servers I have had were my own customs, however since I don't have a need to brand anything because I do not sell hosting it was pointless to keep working on them and so is the same for everything else I was customizing in cP.

Either way your control panel is probably the last place you want to use anything that is not declared stable. That said...it's about time cpanel is getting a responsive touch.

The only other ones I ever used beside the defaults included on any of the servers I have had were my own customs, however since I don't have a need to brand anything because I do not sell hosting it was pointless to keep working on them and so is the same for everything else I was customizing in cP.

Either way your control panel is probably the last place you want to use anything that is not declared stable. That said...it's about time cpanel is getting a responsive touch.
Oh cool! Do you have any of your designs up anywhere? Screenshots?

There were only a few cPanel themes when I googled some. Because there aren't that many, that's telling me cPanel themes is serious business. How long did it take you to work on yours @EQnoble I think I'll join the cPanel forum and learn how.

T
That's true. I tried installing on my server, many of the functions are not usable yet. Basically they just show you how the responsive works and if I am not wrong, there are only a few accessible icons. Not sure about now though since I tried it like 2 or 3 months ago. :)

Top Bottom