Resources (Chat Room)

Cricko

Hi , Can I add a chat room to a test site or do I have to wait until we are a live site..I lalready have the xF license?

Thanks I know that bit, I was trying to buy one but it doesnt seem to like me buying it for a test site?

Yes, some addons need you to show your validation token which is for one URL and normally that is your live site. (you see this when you click on the Customers link on the home xenforo page)

It may be that the best thing is to replace that temporarily with your test site domain initially, then you will get a vaildation token for that test domain

Alternatively contact the addon developer and explain

However I would suggest you contact the xenforo team to ask the best way to do this.

Hi thanks, managed to buy it now...ready to download but where do I put it...need laymans terms here as new to xF..I know it is an add on but have no idea oh and link it to the new chat box I have put in the nav bar?

Last edited:
Hi thanks, managed to buy it now...ready to download but where do I put it...need laymans terms here as new to xF..I know it is an add on but have no idea oh and link it to the new chat box I have put in the nav bar?

Just upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of you installation and then navigate to add-ons and it will say you can install it. Then after taking backup just click "install".

Top Bottom