Resources and Paypal - Major Glitch

Divinum Fiat

I've been experiencing some frustrations with Paypal and the Resources products. I talked to 2 different Paypal people and did test purchases with them and they say that using the email paypal code is causing the conflict. I have some ebooks that are on a donation basis but when people check out they are asked for a zip code even though the button isn't requiring a shipping address and it's a donation anyways. Then they are charged shipping charges based on my set-up shipping profile in Paypal. It should never do this on a donation button. Paypal says that I have to use the html paypal code, not the email link, in order to avoid this conflict. But there is no way for me to enter the html code.

Am I not getting something?

When you create a paypal button and then get to the html code at the end, there is also a "tab" that says "email." I entered that url into the resources field for payment. And it works fine except that somehow even though it's a donation button, it draws shipping charges into the donation button. Paypal says it's a conflict within the XF software, not on their end. Does this make sense?

No, I wasn't able to resolve it. Talked to Paypal in depth and we did some testing, just couldn't get it resolved. So I deleted the shipping profile on Paypal, which seemed to be applying to all purchases in the resources area, including donations (so weird). As long as there is no shipping profile on Paypal, it works. A bit of a hassle since then I had to add shipping to each price tag.

Top Bottom