Resource Original Authors & Author Information Page.

Alpha1

If you use the resource manager for books, articles, studies, etc then most likely you will have resources of which the original authors are not the users uploading the files. Often the author of the work has multiple resources.

For example we use Resources for scientific studies which often have multiple authors and books which have one or more authors. Such authors have often published multiple studies or written multiple books.

It would be very useful if we had functionality to display a page with all information about the author including:
  • An image
  • Text field to enter information about the author
  • Custom fields, so that we can have a link to their website, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
  • 'Like' author
  • Watch Author
  • Review Author
  • Tags
  • If the Author is a member, then add a function to claim the Author page, so that the author page gets attributed to the account.
  • Display all of the resources by that author.
If such page would have custom fields then we could do a lot of things with it.

On the resource itself we could add the original author name, and this would automatically create a link to the Author page.

This functionality is not only very useful for the XFRM, but also for addons that follow the same standards as the XFRM. I find that this functionality keeps coming up in the development of various addons in the most diverse contexts. So if it would be implemented in XFRM it benefit addon development.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
I find that this functionality keeps coming up in the development of various addons in the most diverse contexts. So if it would be implemented in XFRM it benefit addon development.
Can you elaborate on this part? The feature seems pretty niche to me.

I can see how it may seem niche, but the same functionality can be used in different ways. Some examples:
  • A Store can have brands or product features which each have their own page.
  • A Classifieds system can have brands or product features which each have their own page.
  • A Reviews system can have brands, where brands have their own page.
  • A Competitions system can have company / organization profile pages or product pages.
  • An Events system can have organizers and venues which have their own page.
  • An Article system can have authors that have a page for their bio or news outlets that have their page.
  • A Media gallery can have photographers/video producers which is useful for communities that host productions by others. (this would be a little niche)
  • A Surveys system can have organization / company profile pages.
There are many examples to think of. But you get the idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom