RM 2.2 Resource Manager 2.2 - Teams, voting, custom fields...

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 17.21.49.png
XenForo Resource Manager (XFRM) 2.2 sees a range of new features and improvements. Some of these are a result of new integrations with XenForo 2.2 itself, while others are exclusive new features to XFRM itself.

Resource teams​

Software projects are often collaborative efforts, and even when they are not, there may be ancillary staff on hand to handle customer support and sales.

This fact is recognised in XFRM 2.2 with the advent of Resource teams.

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 12.06.14.png
Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 16.49.10.png

After enabling the option through the admin control panel, resource owners will be able to delegate tasks to members of the team they define.

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 17.12.17.png

Team members may perform any action on a resource as though they were the owner, although deletion of the resource is reserved solely for the actual owner.

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 17.21.49.png

Review custom fields​

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 14.08.31.png
With XFRM 2.2, it is now possible to define custom fields for resource reviews.

The sky's the limit for the data that can now be collected with reviews, so we are certain that there will be all manner of ingenuous uses for this new system.

Options​

The full gamut of custom field features, including the new XF 2.2 ability to define the HTML for the label of the field, is now available to resource review fields.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 14.18.19.png

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 15.44.02.png

Review voting​

It can often be helpful to see whether reviews are considered to be helpful or otherwise worthwhile when considering a purchase or a download.

Therefore, XFRM 2.2 now takes advantage of our new content voting system to enable review up/down voting.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 16.14.48.png

As you would expect, the ability to vote on a review depends upon not having a vested interest in the review (ie: it is a review of your own resource) and a set of options and permissions that can be tailored to your own needs.

Review before registering​

To attract new users to your forum, reviews can now be submitted by guest users, using the writing before registering system, assuming that your forum permits reviews prior to downloads.

Featured resources​

A new widget is available in XFRM 2.2, which allows a selection of featured resources to be displayed in a location of your choice.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 16.30.46.png

Configuration includes three separate display options to fit with the location in which the widget is deployed.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 16.28.39.png

This widget is using the simple display option:

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 16.33.19.png

While this one is using the carousel option:

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 16.34.55.png

I think you mean this suggestion:

I love those new features but for when can I choose the size of the resource icon? I think it has been requested on several occasions and you always reply that a code modification is necessary ... Is it a lot of effort that this option is by default? For example, I use RM to teach watchfaces and with the size of the icon that there are currently they are not well appreciated. A pity that this feature is not available.

Resource review fields
Can I create a review field that is viewable by admin?
I want them to write a review and submit their real name in an input text box but the input of this text box is not viewable by the public.

Resource review fields
Can I create a review field that is viewable by admin?
I want them to write a review and submit their real name in an input text box but the input of this text box is not viewable by the public.
Any insight on this with the release of beta 2?

If it hasn't been announced by now then it's unlikely to be in 2.2.

It's going to require some form of custom development.

Why do resource teams

b) not have a user group option, so anyone in the usergroup can have the same permissions?

Top Bottom