Resource Category User View Permissions [Deleted]

Dan

ExtraLicense submitted a new resource:

Resource Category User View Permissions - This addon allows you to choose to which usergroups a resource category is visible to.

Resource Category User View Permissions
by ExtraLicense

This addon allows you to choose to which usergroups a resource category is visible to.

How does it work?
In every Resource Category you can select which groups have access to that category. It looks like this in the ACP:
View attachment 43939

Installation Instructions:
This addon is...

Read more about this resource...

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: category_visible_to

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MoreRmPermissions/Extend/XenResource/Model/Category.php at line 18
MoreRmPermissions_Extend_XenResource_Model_Category->canViewCategory() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 714
XenResource_Model_Resource->canViewResourceAndContainer() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 616
XenResource_Model_Resource->filterUnviewableResources() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 609
XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->_getResourceViewWrapper() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 811
XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /XXXXXXX/index.php at line 13

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: category_visible_to

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MoreRmPermissions/Extend/XenResource/Model/Category.php at line 18
MoreRmPermissions_Extend_XenResource_Model_Category->canViewCategory() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 714
XenResource_Model_Resource->canViewResourceAndContainer() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 616
XenResource_Model_Resource->filterUnviewableResources() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 609
XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->_getResourceViewWrapper() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 811
XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /XXXXXXX/index.php at line 13
I can't reproduce this.

Sure that you installed this addon? When does the error appear?

Downloaded it, installed it, no problem with it - very nice little addon that does exactly what it says.

As a future update I wouldn't mind the option, if possible, to not display a category in the list - similar to the option you can use for nodes.

Keep up the great work :).

I can't get it to work. It installs fine, then I moved existing categories under a new category which should only be visible to usergroup A. But when I test permissions from within the admin panel with a user not having usergroup A, I still see both the resources and the categories.

Am I doing something wrong?

I can't get it to work. It installs fine, then I moved existing categories under a new category which should only be visible to usergroup A. But when I test permissions from within the admin panel with a user not having usergroup A, I still see both the resources and the categories.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please do the following:
  1. Without changing anything, just save all the categories again. This way the categories will rebuild. This is a known issue and can be read in the readme file.
  2. If the problem still persists after step 1, please just try it with a test account.

Okay, using a real test user, it works. But that is not very practical (loggin in and out, changing group permissions in between...). Is this considered a bug?
Thanks for now, I can move on...

Okay, using a real test user, it works. But that is not very practical (loggin in and out, changing group permissions in between...). Is this considered a bug?
Thanks for now, I can move on...

This must be a bug in the XenForo Test Permissions feature I guess.
If it works with a real test user, it will work good :)

Does this work on 1.4.5 ? I would like an addon like this but unsure its still supported has not been updated in along time.

Hmm was not aware, but you are correct, I just installed resources, not sure how one implements the prefixes
in core. But sure a little reading I'll figure it out . Thanks Dan for pointing this out.

Reactions: Dan
Top Bottom