XF 2.2 RESOLVED: Permanently banned shows an invalid end date

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
Disclaimer: I'm not absolutely sure if this is core Xenforo 2.2.6 or an addon. Any helpful comments will be appreciated.

I just permanently banned a member after several previous temporary bans.

It now shows this invalid end date instead of never:

Code:
Ban date: Jul 08 2021
End date: Jan 01 1970

I am unable to reproduce that in several installations.

A third party add-on may be involved.
Disable them all and test again.

Where exactly are you seeing the ban/end date? This can only happen if the template is modified or the value in the database for the end_date is set greater than zero.

Can you locate one of the bans in the database and confirm the specific value in the end_date column?

I'm almost certain this is an addon. The normal ban information correctly shows the permanent ban as ending "Never". I have a couple of addons installed that post the information to specified forums and that seems to be where the error is originating. Once I identify which of them is creating the problem I'll contact the dev for an update.

Thanks to both of you. I think you can safely label this "Not a bug" for Xenforo.

The database correctly shows the end-date for all permanent bans as 0 (zero) so it's definitely an addon. Possibly Siropu's Easy Ban 2. Reported to him.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain this is an addon. The normal ban information correctly shows the permanent ban as ending "Never". I have a couple of addons installed that post the information to specified forums and that seems to be where the error is originating. Once I identify which of them is creating the problem I'll contact the dev for an update.

Thanks to both of you. I think you can safely label this "Not a bug" for Xenforo.
If it was correct on the normal ban into but wrong in the output from functionality added by add-ons then, yeah, that’d be fairly conclusively not an XF issue.

Glad you managed to track it down.

Top Bottom