XF 2.2 resizing images

ZeroG

Newly converted VB3.8 forum to XF 2.2 and I'm getting complaints that members cannot upload old images like they did in VB.
I maxed out the allowable size to 2048 but that is simply not enough. I do not see an add on to help with this issue.
Is there some work around I am missing? Thx.

Not sure what you mean specifically about "cannot upload old images". What's the error?
Members told me they could not upload the same image that they had already uploaded into my forum when it was running VB. To me that would imply XF cannot handle resizing as well as old VB3 did.

Since no replies I figured I must be missing something. I tried to post a pic from my iphone. 3000 x 4000 pixel and it posted. Seems like it must be a permission issue for my registered user groups.

Thanks again Brogan,
I have set the size to the max 2048.
Still I can upload larger images or upload them and have them resized and my users cannot.
What does Bypass User Content Limit do for user groups. Admin group is set to bypass, registered users group cannot.
Could this be why they cannot upload a larger file? sorry but obviously I'm still confused even after reading your pointer

bypass means you don't hit the rule, regular users do.

I suggest upping the file size pretty large (i use 12 MB) and then set a max pixel width somewhere around 2048 instead, perhaps bigger if you are a photography/etc type forum. That will allow a large upload and scale it back for the hosting aspect.

Thanks guys.
Why I can post a large image and users cannot baffles me.
I do see this that limits my setting to 2048 ... Provide the maximum attachment file size in kilobytes (KB). Attachments over this size will be rejected. The configuration of this server limits this value to 2,048 KB.
I thought this was XF but reading closer I see that is a server setting. I did not run into this with VB and could post larger images so that is part of why I'm lost. Still ....the setting are maxed. No width or length restrictions. And registered users cannot post but I can as admin. That is why I thought I was bypassing the rules but if it is a server rule no body gets by that.

Any suggestion for what a good 'max size' would be. I can get the server value updated once I find it.

Top Bottom