require more accessibility with screen Readers

MesterPerfect

good morning everybody.
here is what we need to make the xenforo more a ccessible with the screen readers :
1.in the admin pannel their is full accessibility, contrary to the main interface their are some Difficulties, here is some ideas:
  • add some access keys such as open notification pannel and messages and profile info.
  • make the select stile and select language more accessible by adding it as comboboxes
2. within forums
we need to move between topics using the headings (h1-6) because now their isn't any way to navigate between them.
3. within threads
we need also to navigate between replies
also in xf 1 it was as blockQuotes
that was able us to navigate between them using the (q)
but here in xf2 it as articles
the screen readrs dosen't provide any HotKey to navigate between articles

3. within creating threads
  • we couldn't choose prefix please try to make the prefix list as combobox.
  • the editor it haven't any accessibility
where we can't use the toolbar, also we can't go to the editor by pressing the (e), contrary to the xf1 we was able to do all that.
also please make the tags editor more accessible
3. navigation within alerts and messages
we wish you give us the abilityto to navigate between alerts and messages using headings (h1-6)

Everything that we touched upon applies to the resource manager addon
we will very hapy if you can add the headings (h1-6)to BBCode
finally we hope you can help us by take care to this notes.
please accept our greetings and best wishes

Upvote 8
I came by to start a thread about this. I have members who have to use the (genuinely not good) third party app to be able to use my forum in any way because they are visually impaired and using a screen reader. One of them used to own the forum for years when we were on Vbulletin and used a screen reader to run the whole forum. When we moved to XF she had to give up because it was completely unusable for her.

Top Bottom