• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[request] xenlinks

discoian

On an IP.Board-based forum I help admin there is a community addon called IP.Links which is basically a link repository. It's quite neat yet quite simple.

Categories for the links to go into

A URL box for you to submit a link
A description box to describe the link

...and that's it.

Well not quite, the addon takes a snapshot image of the homepage for that particular link and shows it as a thumbnail when browsing the links.

I would love someone to develop this addon, should be fairly simple, might be one for Jaxel?

That's on my todo list, because i also have a self made linklist.
(because my community is secret, here's an other installation: http://fatak.net/forum/linklist.php :D )

It will be very basic (categories + links) because i don't need comments and etc...

I for one will donate $10 if a module comes very soon with snapshot and fetching of meta description from the site for descriptions. Also categories..

Hmm, i had the meta description included in mine add-on, but the users preferred "own" descriptions.

But maybe i'll do this because of the donations:p
A co-worker of my company is working already on this:) Now where we finally checked(know how to use)the xenforo framework is working, it's really easy to create add-ons:)

Mike and Kier made a really great framework!

Hmm, i had the meta description included in mine add-on, but the users preferred "own" descriptions.

For me that is because I and my users is lazy .. So when I create a link, fetch meta descriptions - and if necessary edit the description before creating.

But maybe i'll do this because of the donations:p

Have hoped you will being motivated by that - so thats sounds good.. Keep up..

For me that is because I and my users is lazy .. So when I create a link, fetch meta descriptions - and if necessary edit the description before creating.

Have hoped you will being motivated by that - so thats sounds good.. Keep up..
Hehe, the problem is that we have 100 add-on ideas/requests, but we're only 3 coders (1 with passion (me;) ) and 2 which are working for money, so the're lazy too^^ )

Hahaha, I look forward to seeing the addon...maybe you could come up with topic prefixes too :) don't be too lazy!

topic prefixes too :) don't be too lazy!
Yea, we need them really too :( but we don't wanted to code them, because we're scared that they could be included soon in xenforo (because this happend with the rss poster, i coded this for an client (for big money:D ) and some weeks after we started, the beta was released and the customer "canceled" our project and the money was lost:D )

Ahh that sucks...I really hope they bring it out, I really really do.

Being new to this whole XF project...what is their release schedule like? Do beta's come out regularly??

Ahh that sucks...I really hope they bring it out, I really really do.

Being new to this whole XF project...what is their release schedule like? Do beta's come out regularly??

xF moved out of Beta the most current release is R.C. 2, obviously since they publicly released the beta they were confident in the product, but it is known that more updates will come. If you'd like to see when the previous releases were, check out the announcement section, each release was announced in a new thread.

@ragtek - Any thoughts from you on whether you want to take on this task so we can reap the links from our respective members? Others are welcome to join in - especially developers - so we can get this little add-ons placed on the track.

@ragtek - Any thoughts from you on whether you want to take on this task so we can reap the links from our respective members? Others are welcome to join in - especially developers - so we can get this little add-ons placed on the track.
As wrote already =>
A co-worker of my company is working already on this:) Now where we finally checked(know how to use)the xenforo framework is working, it's really easy to create add-ons:)
I hope he's really working on this^^

Thanks for quick reply - and sorry - my eyes have not been with me
redface.png

Top Bottom