1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request regarding "Friendly URLs" entry in Help Manual

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Saeed, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Saeed

Saeed Well-Known Member

Well, while setting up my own test installation, I came across the "Friendly URL's" option in two places...under Basic Board Information as well as Search Engine Optimization. The explanatory text given along with the option is as follows:

If you enable this option, the links generated by the system will not include "index.php?". However, to enable this, mod_rewrite must be available and an appropriate .htaccess file must be in place.​

Which I think is absolutely fine. I think it could be made perhaps even better if something like "For configurations across various web server setups (II7, Apache etc.), refer to the XenForo manual."

I say so because I tried enabling the Friendly URL option, but in vain since I had to put a web.config file on my server, and only came to realize that when I myself checked the manual where it was all explained so nicely and in detail. Perhaps a link given right there would save some time.

Just a suggestion. :)