Add-on [REQUEST] Offer A Popup To Insert A Password For Easy Anon Thread Starter Verification

Brett Peters

I allow Anon threads and have had a couple of requests to edit the content of threads that have been started from Anon users but I am currently unable to verify requests to edit content to be qenuine or dubious.

My current thinking was to offer a popup directly after a thread submission that would ask Anon thread starters to insert a password for verification of ownership if they ever decided to edit their content via an email request, If a password was entered it would need to be stored in the the thread for admin and mod user groups so that they could verify ownership through a password match, Otherwise the popup could just be dismissed along with the right to edit and the thread would be submitted.

If anyone is able to achieve this or has any different ideas I am all ears.

i love the add-on idea but how is this exactly working for you?

Do you have Custom add-on, or how do you create the anonym threads? Do you allow guests to create threads and is this a anon thread for you?
How does the system know where to send the mail because you've wrote
My current thinking was to offer a popup directly after a thread submission that would ask Anon thread starters to insert a password for verification of ownership if they ever decided to edit their content via an email request,

Basically Yes, guest threads is what I allow and am wanting a way for easy verification of ownership if the need to edit a thread ever comes up again.
As for the mail idea I was just going to use XenForo's contact us form where the owner of a guest thread (who has the correct password) can request an edit or possibly a delete.

Top Bottom