Request: Documentation on XenForo Syntax and Template System

hperkins

Hello,

I'm new to Xenforo and so far I'm really excited about the software. However, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the template system, and wish to customize my theme to match the rest of my site, as well as begin developing plugins.

Any help or links to great resources that define all the variables, functions, classes or API in the theme would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this has be posted before (I have used the search function).

Thanks,

Henry

Hello,

I'm new to Xenforo and so far I'm really excited about the software. However, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the template system, and wish to customize my theme to match the rest of my site, as well as begin developing plugins.

Any help or links to great resources that define all the variables, functions, classes or API in the theme would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this has be posted before (I have used the search function).

Thanks,

Henry
Get this man: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/template-modification-system-tms.293/

TMS (Template Modification System). If you apply a template edit or style change (for example, creating new styles) to the TMS, it will apply it to the skin for you. This is important because whenever you upgrade the site, you won't have to revert templates to make way for anything that was added to the site during the upgrade. This will result in less downtime and faster page-loading speed. It's an awesome piece of work created by the same guy who created the google sign in modification.​
A lot of site's use old and outdated forum software because everytime they update they have to re-apply their old template or style modifications. The TMS prevents all of that. Something like this really needs to be installed because if you ever stopped caring about the site or got lazy, you could still upgrade the site without having to re-add everything else.​

Top Bottom