• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Request] Can you do some xen work for a few days/week? $500 Budget

Business Coach

Ok I have a brand new xen forum license and I need to rock and roll.

I am looking for someone who has consecutive hours of time available. I will pay by the hour, the amount determined by your proven skills and experience.

I will pay you for working code, in which I will own 100%. You will be a work for hire creating code on my behalf. I can do whatever I wish with the code (keep it for one site, sell it, give it away etc). If you like you can be credited as the coder, just not the owner of the code.

I Prefer someone who can do basic coding, plugins and skinning.

The things I need done include but are not limited to.

Installing xen
Porting over posts and members from vb3.8
connecting word press so that members can have blogs
adjusting layout
adjusting navigation
changing postbit
adding media gallery (in wp or xen)
changing profile layout
changing primary page and feeds
a couple other similar type things.

If you have the ability to make CUSTOM mods, even better!

You need to have skype or a telephone
speak English FLUENTLY
Be professional
Be reliable and consistent
Use best practices
Comment Your code
Track your changes
Be mature

I have been told I am VERY PICKY, but also that I am fair, reasonable and pay well.

In other words, i would want you to think, and not need me to map out what I would consider obvious.

Case in point. (xen doesn't need this) but If I were to say, I need a user login system. I WOULD expect you to know that includes registration, logout and lost password function without me having to spell that out. I would NOT expect you to know I wanted captcha code or fields other than username, email and password on registration.

That is a real example of what some call "picky"...idk. I just know I am not looking to micromanage or babysit.

If I am going to pay you full time, then that would be what I want. 2 hours of coding shouldn't take 2 days due to smoke, pizza and girlfriend breaks. Not that those things are bad or not allowed, it is just that the priority has to be there, and well...2 days to do 2 hours of code, is just ridiculous. I am just saying this is what ended up causing this project to stall repeatedly in VB.
rolleyes.png

I am not trying to sound jaded or negative or to turn you off, I just want good code done, fast. I honestly do not think that is asking too much.

So just be intuitive and a hard worker. And I will have good paying work for you regularly in the future also if you want it.

Let's make a KICK AAA website based on xen, that this whole communtiy can be proud of and inspired by!
cool.png

For an interview, please Skype me: igrowyourbiz

Thanks in advance.

XEN ROCKS!

thanks for mentioning that

not looking for a custom skin like one would buy...

it will be following an existing theme

so there is no graphics design, psd chopping etc

i will be able to explain it better to the coder

thanks

naturally, should i find someone sharp and we need to increase the budget we will.
this is a long term project and we will be investing 10s of 1000s over the course of 2011

Glad to help, but sorry to find out MySQLi ext. is missing.
The files are there, I've refunded the money.
You can go to /install/ and finish the setup yourself once MySQLi is working.

Dark immortal will not be availble after today until after next weekend

This is now OPEN AGAIN for those who can help this weekend and next week.

please contact me if you can code!

Top Bottom