Reputation System

DevTech

Sir,

I have searched and gone through xenforo's sections. So I came to know that in xenforo reputation system is not available. So I searched the XF database and came to know a reputation plugin but unfortunately I was unable to comment or see the screen shot. So dont know if that was that add on which is present in vb.

Like reputation power ( that how much reputation points you can give to others users, which will increase according to posts date time spent online) the reputation point.

Our forum is currently on mybb so I figure out there is that to give reputation to user there is meter where you can give rep points alloted to your user group( if rep power plugin isn't activated), which we really dont like.

Like what in vb just go to user post click reputation icon i approve or i disapprove and give positive or negative reputation depending on your reputation power.

So is that feature that reputation is giving or not.

Whats that if its not what that addon is giving. Please let me know about it.

Thanks

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-experience-rating-reputation-system.4647/

Here is a reputation system for Xenforo, and you can also convert reputations into likes, but if you want it that way, then this should work. I am sure you can contact the developer of that addon to see if you can get this to import existing MyBB reputations.

I converted from MyBB to Xenforo, and I did not bother importing those. I definitely prefer Xenforo to MyBB, and the learning curve is not that bad, but make sure your permissions are good and do test imports, to ensure that it works. I had some permission issues as Xenforo has a very powerful permission system, but once you get the hang of it, then you and your users will like it.

Is xf that good I know xf is very advanced and powerful forum community.

But migrating from mybb to xf whats your experince. Love to hear that. :)

And its not just me who thinking to import reputation but many of my users uses those reputation system. So was asking about that.

Is xf that good I know xf is very advanced and powerful forum community.

But migrating from mybb to xf whats your experince. Love to hear that. :)

And its not just me who thinking to import reputation but many of my users uses those reputation system. So was asking about that.
I used to run multiple MyBB sites. I just realized that the only thing that bottlenecks my sites is the forum software. Xenforo is advanced and well supported. MyBB community is like a ghost town. ;)

Also, there might be difficulties in redirecting url's if you are using the MyBB Google SEO plugin, as those URL's (depending on configuration) usually do not have any id's in them. This can make it tricky to redirect, but there is a thread on here, and you can post in that thread, once you have a license that is associated to your account.

I used to run multiple MyBB sites. I just realized that the only thing that bottlenecks my sites is the forum software. Xenforo is advanced and well supported. MyBB community is like a ghost town. ;)
XF is advanced and rich of features using XF official and demo when getting time.

Nice and easy but thinkng may noobs feel comfy with this.

Like many members I know on my board and on others as well, members were jus used too of old system and relates to non tech field so it may take time to learn this.

But when they understand it will be great enjoy and fun for them.

I am still running MyBB so was just familier with, so it take time ti ket me familier with ACP themes and template system.

Any tut where I can learn about it so can customise and make new theme as well ;)

Btw Thanks for replying :)

Also, there might be difficulties in redirecting url's if you are using the MyBB Google SEO plugin, as those URL's (depending on configuration) usually do not have any id's in them. This can make it tricky to redirect, but there is a thread on here, and you can post in that thread, once you have a license that is associated to your account.

If you want something like vb's reputation, @Alfa1 is making crowdfunding about it. You can start a conversation with him :)

I'd be interested in picking up a reputation system.

What does Borbole's https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-experience-rating-reputation-system.4647/ not do that you need? Do you just need an importer?

Will look thanks for the links :)

But I think vb and XF are seo friendly.

Isnt it ???

But I think vb and XF are seo friendly.

Isnt it ???
I am talking about a Mod from mybb from frostschulz that allows you to make Mybb more SEO friendly and use pretty URL. That plug in in the default configuration does not put id's in url's make it difficult to redirect, but not impossible.

I am talking about a Mod from mybb from frostschulz that allows you to make Mybb more SEO friendly and use pretty URL. That plug in in the default configuration does not put id's in url's make it difficult to redirect, but not impossible.
Sorta is impossible (accurately) unless you redirect to core mybb urls again and redirect those to XF

Top Bottom