Reputation based on reaction score, what if someone abuse it ?

ShinLim

If reputation based on reaction score, and some members create many other accounts to increase their reaction score, how to prevent this ?
Could anyone help me this trouble

There is no reputation in XF core.
I mean Trophies (User title ladder)
The title ladder based on trophies point, trophies point can based on reaction score, that's what I mean
They can abuse to increase their User title ladder

Most of my users put in custom titles anyhow so the ladder is kind of irrelevant. Not sure if that's common on other XF boards or not.

I don't think the user title ladder is useful either. But members will create multiple accounts to boost their status. You need a multiple account detector to counter this.

There is no good way to measure reputation. Members will give Likes for members they like and not based on quality of the post
That's the problem. Members like each other I can understand, but a member create many account for himself to get higher User title ladder is unacceptable in my community, it's a cheat. But also I can't restrict their IP or based on IP to restrict this action because if they use public IP, others would get restricted too

It's really makes me headache

I removed the ability for users to see ranks based on likes or any other similar measure - it only caused problems because some people would actively abuse that system.

Given the financial nature of our site - I've also gone to a lot of trouble to explain to people that a "like is just a like" and does not imply authority or experience when it comes to financial / investing matters (ie people with the most likes aren't necessarily experts - it just means that they have the most likes).

I removed the ability for users to see ranks based on likes or any other similar measure - it only caused problems because some people would actively abuse that system.

Given the financial nature of our site - I've also gone to a lot of trouble to explain to people that a "like is just a like" and does not imply authority or experience when it comes to financial / investing matters (ie people with the most likes aren't necessarily experts - it just means that they have the most likes).
Sounds fair enough to me when you solve that way, and yes, members don't think "like is just a like", they think more than that, like "likes mean they are expert about something, likes mean they have lots of people love them, likes mean something big, 100k likes mean something really big"
I'm really tired to solve this trouble, but I agree with you about your way to solve this troule