Lack of interest Reported Content Enhancements

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Tanax

Following up on my reply to the "Managing Reported Content" thread found here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/managing-reported-content.2192 I thought that it might get overlooked and decided to post it here as a suggestion.

Basically, here are some ideas collected from that thread with my own implementation of them aswell as some own ideas to the reported content system.

• Being able to search open reports aswell as closed reports
  • Being able to sort the closed reports by several factors:
    • User
    • Usergroup
    • Date
    • Staffmember assigned to the report
    • Number of comments
    • Etc?
  • Let the admin have options in ACP regarding discussion threads:
    • Option #1: Allow creation of a discussion thread:
      • The staff assigned to the report are able to click a button "Create Discussion Thread"
    • Option #2: Disallow creation of a discussion thread:
      • The staff assigned to the report are unable to click or see that button
    • Option #3: Always create a discussion thread:
      • No button required, a discussion thread is always created upon the report
    • Config Options:
      • What forum the discussion threads are created in
      • Create the threads in the original user's name or in specified user's name
      • Keep comments in report center only | Keep comments in discussion thread only | Have a mix - if a comment in report center is made, a reply will be made in the thread and vice versa
    • Upon creation of discussion thread:
      • Create a thread in the pre-defined forum
      • Create the thread in the configurable username
      • Let the staff discuss it
      • Profit??
  • Allow users to see the progress of their report aswell as comment
  • Allow assigning several staffmembers to the same report
  • Allow resigning from a report

Anything else that needs added?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
- Maybe I'm missing something.... but what's the point of creating a discussion thread for a report if you can just converse using the comments within the report system? It's essentially a mini-discussion thread of its own.

- I don't think there's a need for reporters to follow the progress of their report, as anything past the report is behind-the-scenes information and workings amongst the staff.

- What's the point of having more than one staff member assigned to a report? Once it's taken care of, it's a done deal (i.e. "closed report").

- I do agree that there should be a way to give up your claim to a report.

- Maybe I'm missing something.... but what's the point of creating a discussion thread for a report if you can just converse using the comments within the report system? It's essentially a mini-discussion thread of its own.

- I don't think there's a need for reporters to follow the progress of their report, as anything past the report is behind-the-scenes information and workings amongst the staff.

- What's the point of having more than one staff member assigned to a report? Once it's taken care of, it's a done deal (i.e. "closed report").

- I do agree that there should be a way to give up your claim to a report.

The point is to give an option to those who wants a discussion thread instead of discussing it within the report center. If you read the thread regarding the announcement of this feature you'll see that quite a lot of people wants this. They claimed it provided them with a better way to see when new comments had been made and that it would appear in "What's new". Now, I'm completely with you here, I wouldn't use that either because I love the report center so I'd choose the option "Disallow" so that a discussion thread cannot be made - but it's good to have the option for those who wants to.

I think there is a great need for reporters to see the progress of their report. If I report something, I want to see if that has been taken care of, if it's in the process of being taken care of or if it was considered as an invalid report. Let's say you report something and the staff decides to do nothing, you have no way of seeing that other than the fact that the reported item will still be as it was when you reported it. Should you report it again? Have it been dismissed? Did you get any reason? No. If members instead see the progress of a report and the comments it would help immensely. On my forum we(the staff) always reply to a report with either "Thank you for reporting, it's been taken care of." or "This is not against the rules and I see nothing wrong with it - however if you feel it's offending to you, please report again and I'll let another moderator take care of it.". Also, sometimes we need to ask the reporter things like "What do you mean with XXXXX?" or similar things.

The point is that, let's say you assign yourself to a report but you realize you didn't read everything and that you will take care of it tomorrow. Then something comes up and you need to go away IRL, what happens then? Even with the resign-feature as I proposed in place, only you can resign yourself so no one will be able to resign you from the report and no one can assign themselves to take care of it. It's merely a precaution.

Top Bottom