Duplicate Report a member?

Russ

Maybe I've missed this or we could just use a post to report but in this instance.

{Link removed - Peggy}

If I find that his sig and avatar are inappropriate am I able to report the user as a whole or just a post of his? Say a sig is to large... or the images contained use something I feel is wrong or violates the boards terms.

Maybe on the member profile page allowing a report feature from there? The idea behind this is that I'm not reporting his response but a feature of his profile.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
ah, in that case yes, they would need reporting.

Tell you what Peggy. I will sign up a test user account, put certain things in the profile then start following you around (assuming your alerts are on for that). :D Or maybe start following 1000 members. :p

(just kidding about creating another account)

Actually the more I think of it, I cannot decide if a report member feature is a good thing, I really can't.

I think forums come down to features that make things easier for users. Report system is already there so why not activated on a profile page and make it an option to show or not. Again there was just an instance today where I would have used it.

I agree, reporting a member can come in very handy. Users are often confused on how to go about it as it doesn't seem logical for them to report one of the users posts so they often PM a mod/admin.

Tell you what Peggy. I will sign up a test user account, put certain things in the profile then start following you around (assuming your alerts are on for that). :D Or maybe start following 1000 members. :p

(just kidding about creating another account)

Actually the more I think of it, I cannot decide if a report member feature is a good thing, I really can't.
Let me try and persuade you.

True but he's talking about a member who's never made a comment, post or any other content. I can't see where that member would need reporting,
They haven't done anything to report.

Unless I'm missing something somewhere.
I don't think this was mentioned yet--you may want to report the user (before they've made posts) if you see they have an obscene username, just like that's possible with the avatar and signature before they post. We've had it happen on our forum before where someone spots an inappropriate username and wants to be sure it's taken care of before the spamming occurs (although I suppose admins would catch it when approving registration--the members don't always recognize that, though), but they can't use the report system to alert the staff because they haven't posted, and instead, they have to message the staff. I think having a direct "report user" option to send it into the moderation queue would be more efficient. :)

Top Bottom