As designed Replying to a specific post on a specific page

caliman

Replying to a specific post on a specific page ...

I just replied to a post (using the reply link in that post)

on page 2 of a 3 page thread.

My post with the quote was placed at the bottom of page 2 when I pressed submit and the page counter at bottom of thread indicated page 2 even though my post technically is the last post on page 3.

When I advanced to page 3, my post was there. Just a bit odd initial behavior that was a little disorienting.

FWIW

caliman

The post is visibly inserted after submission and includes the last view posts as well. It also shows a notice about more messages.

I am not following you Jeremy. I just think it's on that it inserts the post on page 2 of a 3 page thread ... going by page count.

I made a post on page 4 of the 1.3 feedback. You'll see it pulls in the last 2 recent posts (one of which happens to be deleted since I can see those), and shows you a message stating there are posts in between that have been missed. It only appears on the page where you post when you post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 12.07.28 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 12.07.28 PM.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 11
Ok. This is just different that vB and not where you'd expect a new post to go. (That is on the same page as you quoted from rather than last page.)

Top Bottom