XF 1.2 Reply Link

Amaury

The Reply link on DOTATalk has started taking us directly to the advanced editor rather than bringing up the quick reply editor.

Any way to fix this? Is it an option in the style properties I might have gotten by mistake when making the style?

Open up the JavaScript console and look for any JavaScript errors. That usually indicates the XenForo JavaScript that handles the AJAX (overlay) editor was prevented from running.

Open up the JavaScript console and look for any JavaScript errors. That usually indicates the XenForo JavaScript that handles the AJAX (overlay) editor was prevented from running.

Stupid question probably, but how do I do that? Through Firebug?

Last edited:
Yeah, as long as it has a JavaScript console in it.

I am not seeing any errors. All I see is "enabling javascript debugger to support console." Also, something I forgot to mention is that the quick reply editor is there and functional, it's just that when you click "Reply" on a post, instead of the window being scrolled down to it, it's as if you clicked "More Options."

I'm now a super administrator, so I can make you an account if you'd like to test it yourself.

It disappears quickly, but this is basically what the error message says when clicking on the reply link ...

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'scrollandFocus' of null

I'm guessing this is going to require some form of edit to the java source.

EDIT: Also an admin on dotaTalk.

The far right should have a stack trace on the error (if you expand it) or there will be an arrow right before the error. Can you screenshot or copy that completely for me (it'll narrow down the actual file the error is in)?

I can't get a good look but it appears to be the discussion java file.

EDIT: 100% sure it's discussion.js because I opened it up and that's where the 'scrollandfocus' function is listed. Not sure where the problem lies other than that.

Already tried that and it didn't work. I've not only seen this problem on dotaTalk but on my own forum as well. Perhaps it's an issue with the new XenForo version.

The edit link appears to be working for me, however, the Post Reply AJAX fails for me with a 500 Internal Server error on the add reply call. Two branches of fixes here:
1. Check your server error logs, hope it tells you an easy fix.
2. Disable add-ons and try to reproduce it. If you can't, then you know its an add-on on. Reenable them one by one until you fix it.

The edit link appears to be working for me, however, the Post Reply AJAX fails for me with a 500 Internal Server error on the add reply call. Two branches of fixes here:
1. Check your server error logs, hope it tells you an easy fix.
2. Disable add-ons and try to reproduce it. If you can't, then you know its an add-on on. Reenable them one by one until you fix it.

Disabled all add-ons and still had the same problem when I went and clicked Reply to quote someone.

Looks like it's a server issue, which @Nights will have to look at when he wakes up later (he also has Eastern time like you). I have no expertise with server work, except for taking backups!

Top Bottom