XF 1.4 Replicating my current website

Tim

I own www.bigdogbiker.com and want to convert over to XF eventually/soon.

I purchased my XF license when they first became available, way back when, and have been sitting on it as XF has developed. I honestly haven't kept up with the progress and add-ons, but they seem substantial now.

My question, or challenge, to all the XF guru's is how do I recreate what I have now with XF, and it's add-ons? How much do I lose, are there new and better replacement options? Is there something I'm totally missing out on?

I've got some serious coin tied up in it right now and hate walking away from it, like DTO showcase and vendor tools, but we all have to grow.

I'm eagerly awaiting your solutions.

You would need to explain what are all the additional stuff you have on your site that separated you from a stock forum for us to give you any sort of analysis.

Edit -
Garage can be done by Showcase addon.
Vendor can be done via xenreviews addon or Showcase again
Gallery by XMG or XenGallery
Calendar has a few addons out there...not sure how critical it is to your site if it only seems to have member birthdays though.

Edit 2 - God VB looks horrible...looks like i just went to a site designed in the early 90s.

Last edited:
There is no CMS in the core, but there are add-ons.

I understand that, looking for recommendations. I've been looking through the add-ons and there is a lot to look at and I'm just overwhelmed. I'd love a few recommendations to review and decide on.

I just ordered Bob's Showcase so I do not have any issues paying for worth while add-ons.

Also looking for a good shopping cart for physical goods.

Thanks in advance.

I understand that, looking for recommendations. I've been looking through the add-ons and there is a lot to look at and I'm just overwhelmed. I'd love a few recommendations to review and decide on.

I just ordered Bob's Showcase so I do not have any issues paying for worth while add-ons.

Also looking for a good shopping cart for physical goods.

Thanks in advance.

Featured Threads & Portal by @Brogan
XenPorta by @Jaxel

Last edited:
What about CMS?
If you mean something comparable to come close to replicating the vBa CMPS home page you have now, check out XF Widgets or even a combination of something like Brogan's Featured Threads combined with XF Widgets to get additional functionality but I think (unless you have some pages that aren't viewable to guests and/or aren't linked on the main page) you might be able to get by with just Widgets.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/

Reactions: Tim
Top Bottom