Replacement Variable Template Code for Custom User Profile Field Info?

DRE

In vbulletin if you create a profile field option, you can show it in a members postbit by adding it in postbit legacy. Each profile field would have a number ex: field:5 and that wrapped around a code and condition would go in the postbit template code. Can we do this in xenforo? Main reason I ask is because I want to add the option for xbox avatars. I know how to do it in vbulletin as i've experimented with it before after witnessing it on another forum software but don't know the replacement variable for xenforo.

{xen:helper userFieldTitle, x} where x is the field ID... I think (for the title)
{xen:helper userFieldValue, x} for field value (I think, again).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but individual custom user fields can be displayed in the message user info via a checkbox in the ACP.

{xen:helper userFieldTitle, x} where x is the field ID... I think (for the title)
Thanks a lot man I'll experiment with this when I get to an online computer!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but individual custom user fields can be displayed in the message user info via a checkbox in the ACP.
I know about that. I need the replacement variable for two different custom modifications on both of my sites. The XF videogame forum in my sig will have an xbox live avatar option and after I convert my vbulletin forum over it will have members-only avatars. I'll explain it since it's concept is sort've similar to the xbox live mod but that one only requires the profile field value for gamertag which already exists.

If you create a profile field for a url you can link to an image.

You can use that image in your postbit code as a replacement variable inside an if/else condition and have it resized in that same code. I've got that in action on my site. I learned how to do it when I installed YouTube avatars and studied the code. You could have a different avatar for each forum skin with this mod. Sounds excessive I know but it's fun for me. I mostly do stuff like this for me then tell my members later. I want a star wars avatar for my star wars theme and my halo 3 profile character for my Halo skin etc.

Top Bottom