1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Replacement variable or equivalent?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CreationNation, Sep 12, 2015.

1. CreationNation

CreationNation Active Member

I am upgrading my large forum to xf and one thing I see missing is replacement variables, or an equivalent solution.

I have a lot of band forums on mine, and I will have a sidebar on each that I would like to include each band's own twitter, facebook, purchase links, info links etc.

Is there a built in way XF handles this under another name or ?

2. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

How many bands do you have? Do you have an example? You may be able to do this with template conditionals

3. CreationNation

What I am looking to do isn't live on my current site, was going to add that as part of my relaunch with XF.

I have hundreds of band/festival/music related subforums: ultimatemetal.com/forum/

Template wise, the code would be the same, I just need to swap out specifics about each band/fest, etc. like their own social media user names, amazon links, bio and/or album list, etc. I'll check into the conditionals now, thanks!

EDIT: Looks like the conditionals route would get chaotic with the number of child nodes I'm dealing with. What I liked about variable replacements were, it showed the empty boxes for the replacement bits on each individual style for each band, and I was easily able to fill in the pertinent info and save, done.

4. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Maybe the widget framework will be able to do that.

CreationNation likes this.
  5. CreationNation

Yeah playing with that now. Seeing if there's a similar way to do it with that, without having to create duplicate code hundreds of times for each node.