1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace xenForo Share Functions With AddThis Smart Layers [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Template Modifications' started by BamaStangGuy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

BamaStangGuy submitted a new resource:

Replace xenForo Share Functions With AddThis Smart Layers - Increase social sharing with AddThis Smart Layer share buttons

Read more about this resource...
    Dinh Thanh likes this.
  2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Nice implementation. I might give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing.
    BamaStangGuy likes this.
  3. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

On mobile browsers it takes space on bottom, on desktop it takes space on left. Do your members like it? @BamaStangGuy
  4. BamaStangGuy

Only one person has asked how to remove it so far. I just went ahead and created a preference to turn it off if they want to in their user profile.
  5. Dinh Thanh

Left bar on desktop should also have minimize button, Does Addthis have that option?
  6. BamaStangGuy

It does. Hover over it on http://www.v6mustang.com/ and at the bottom you will see an arrow pointing left. However, it does not save your preference across pages which is why I implemented the preference option in xenForo.

I will talk to AddThis tomorrow about cooking the option for the closing of it.
    Dinh Thanh likes this.
  7. Dinh Thanh

Yeah, It should be a cookie.
  8. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Has this increased anyone's shares? Or do people become annoyed with it? Would be great to hear feedback.
  9. BamaStangGuy

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.