• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Replace discussion starter avatar with icon

zackm

Is there any way to get rid of the discussion starter avatar and replace it with a generic icon of some sort? My forum uses really broad threads that are used for years at a time, so knowing who started the thread is not really valuable information.

Russ

I think he may be referring to the thread list.

If you're referring to the avatar on the thread list you'll need to edit: thread_list_item

Code:
        <span class="avatarContainer">
            <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />
            <xen:if is="{$thread.user_post_count}"><xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="s" img="true" class="miniMe" title="{xen:phrase you_have_posted_x_messages_in_this_thread, 'count={xen:number $thread.user_post_count}'}" /></xen:if>
        </span>
Replace the content inside the <span>.

zackm

I think he may be referring to the thread list.

If you're referring to the avatar on the thread list you'll need to edit: thread_list_item

Code:
        <span class="avatarContainer">
            <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />
            <xen:if is="{$thread.user_post_count}"><xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="s" img="true" class="miniMe" title="{xen:phrase you_have_posted_x_messages_in_this_thread, 'count={xen:number $thread.user_post_count}'}" /></xen:if>
        </span>
Replace the content inside the <span>.
Would I just point to a png somewhere on my server?