XF 2.2 Removing reactionBar like thumbs-up icon

Mouth

Core xF has the thumbs-up icon beside the Like text on the reactionBar (eg. bottom right on this post)
I've added extra.less customisation to put a thumbs-up icon before the reactionBar, font hidden the xF core icon and text, and js-react to show the core xF icon and text on hover-over. Thus, I get a double thumbs-up icon when the reactionsList is shown ...
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 15.22.45.webp
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 15.21.29.webp

How can I remove the thumbs-up icon from the core xF Like reactionBar and thus remove the duplicate?

I think the problem is that the thumbs-up used to be the only reaction. We had "Like" instead of Reactions up until XF 2.1 came out. So when they introduced reactions, XF made that thumbs-up a default that cannot be turned off, probably due to the need to keep it active for old posts that had "likes" on them from before the introduction of reactions. I am speculating, but that seems like a likely reason for it not being able to be turned off. I suppose that should not be an issue for newer boards that started on 2.1.0 or later so maybe disabling the Like reaction could somehow be allowed on those sites? Which would be have to be made as a suggestion.

Top Bottom