Removing or Changing Color of 3 Columns in Pages

Divinum Fiat

I'm building a library using one of the pages and want to use a 3-column template. The default linked wording is fairly light grey, making the black table border look too hard.

Here is the code I'm using:

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="600">
<tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="200">

PUT FIRST COLUMN CONTENTS HERE

</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="200">

PUT SECOND COLUMN CONTENTS HERE

</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="200">

PUT THIRD COLUMN CONTENTS HERE

</td></tr></table>

Is there a way to either completely remove the black line of the table or change the line to another color?

Thanks, Brogan. This is a great website. Sadly what I'm looking for is not listed and trying to piece it together doesn't seem to work. :-(

Will try this another way.

done. Another moderator said he was having difficulty getting out of the 'spiritual wealth academy' tab (which is for upgraded members only). He said every time he clicks on it somehow sticks and he can't get back to the forum. Not sure it's because of the add-on?

You can remove the border by specifying a border attribute for each cell. For example:

Rich (BB code):
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="810">

<tr><td style="border: 0px;" align="left" valign="top" width="270">

<b><u>e-BOOKS, COURSES, WORKSHOPS, etc.</b></u>
<br><br>
<a href="http://corefreedom.com/forums/dowsing-lesson-1.96/">Basic Dowsing Overview - Prerequisite</a><br>

</td><td style="border: 0px;" align="left" valign="top" width="270">

<b><u>VIDEOS, PICTURES</b></u>
<br><br>
<a href="http://corefreedom.com/forums/dowsing-lesson-1.96/">Dowsing Lesson 1</a><br>

</td><td style="border: 0px;" align="left" valign="top" width="270">

<b><u>ALL OTHER</b></u>
<br><br>
<a href="http://corefreedom.com/forums/dowsing-lesson-1.96/">Dowsing Lesson 2</a><br>

</td></tr></table>

Re: breadcrumbs.

The breadcrumbs are actually working correctly. My addon roots breadcrumbs to the node tab. To eliminate confusion you might consider hiding that category from the main Forums list by disabling this option:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the category] -> Display in the node list

You should really be using classes if you're going to be doing so many tables.

If you ever decide to change your style in the future, you will have to manually edit every one of those inline styling properties.

With a single CSS class it's a 2 second job to change it for every page/table.

I have hundreds of pages with tables and they all use the same set of classes from one CSS style sheet.

I have hundreds of pages with tables and they all use the same set of classes from one CSS style sheet.

Sounds like a dream come true.

That's the part that is occurring to me as I am manually laying out this table, I can see it turn into a future nightmare.

Only, I have no clue what 'classes' means or how to make this simpler. :( Would you guide me to the XF academy where I can learn?

oh yeah, that was the daunting feeling of nausea that I experienced looking at that site. :sick: I went through that entire section of creating a table, that I think I can do. Jake helped me refine the template too.

What I don't quite understand is once I have the table, what I'll do with that code. It's the links between creating a template, which I'm not sure how to do, and how to then use it when I create all these different pages. I don't really understand what CSS is and its capabilities.

Okay, I will see if I can find the info I'm looking for on w3schools.

Here are the hidden tables I'm playing with, http://www.corefreedom.com/categories/spiritual-wealth-academy.92/. (see bottom table, which is the one you sent me)

Right now I have this code in a notepad file and I am manually cutting and pasting this code into each page when creating a new node. :( That seems tedious and also may leave room for error unless this is the way everyone else does it. Then cut and paste it is.

I was trying to figure out is how to get away from all this CSS styling and create a one-time template. But I don't know how and where to create that page and then how to get it in the node part to show up when I select a page.

You create a new css template, for example: corefreedom.css

Then you include that template in your page using: <xen:require css="corefreedom.css" />

Then when you build your page using the classes in the corefreedom.css template, they will be applied.

Sorry, Brogan. I still don't get it. :(

I created the templates and called them simply 3_Column_Table, etc. But once in there I have no clue what to do with them or how to get them to link. If I use corefreedom.com/templates/3_column_table I get an error message. Even if I didn't get an error message, I wouldn't know where to place that link. I assume in the little box where I create a page? But then this means that this is still the template where I'm adding all my book links, where I'm actually building my page. Then I'm back to square one, changing the master template. Urgh. :confused:

Top Bottom