Removing Colon

I suspect it may be hard coded in the template.

Although I know a few changes were made to move colons and such to the phrase system to help with translation.

The "latest" phrase seems unnecessary and forced so I removed it for esthetic purposes. Now I just need to remove this colon somehow. Any idea where it might be found? It's a bit of an obscure question I know.

It's in the node_forum_level_2 template.

Code:
{xen:phrase latest}: <a href="{xen:link posts, $forum.lastPost}" title="{$forum.lastPost.title}">{xen:helper wordTrim, $forum.lastPost.title, 30}</a>

Where would I find and remove the colon from the profile page sidebar? Thank you again

View attachment 20349

In the template member_view:

PHP:
<div class="section infoBlock">
            <dl class="secondaryContent pairs">

<xen:hook name="member_view_info_block">

<xen:if is="{$canViewOnlineStatus}">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase last_activity}:</dt>
                        <dd><xen:datetime time="$user.effective_last_activity" /></dd>
                </xen:if>

<dt>{xen:phrase joined}:</dt>
                    <dd>{xen:date $user.register_date}</dd>

<dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt>
                    <dd>{xen:number $user.message_count}</dd>

<dt>{xen:phrase likes_received}:</dt>
                    <dd>{xen:number $user.like_count}</dd>

<dt>{xen:phrase trophy_points}:</dt>
                    <dd><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $user.trophy_points}</a></dd>

<xen:if is="{$canViewWarnings}">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase warning_points}:</dt><dd>{xen:number $user.warning_points}</dd>
                </xen:if>

</xen:hook>

</dl>
        </div>

Not sure if you know how to check which template or not, so this should help.

How can I find out which template to edit?
Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:
<div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181037

Or you can search the phrases for the text which will return a list of all matching phrases.
You can then search the templates for the actual phrase titles.

Let me know if you're still struggling to find those colons Luke.

I just figured you might want to know how to do it yourself, it's sometimes quicker than waiting for an answer.

On a really side note Luke, I am absolutely loving how much effort and detail you're putting in your site. It truly shows how much you care about your board :), I LOVE the style.

Let me know if you're still struggling to find those colons Luke.

I just figured you might want to know how to do it yourself, it's sometimes quicker than waiting for an answer.
Thank you for all your help Brogan. I'm still having a difficult time locating the colons :) to the right of the logged in user profile picture in the sidebar.
I believe you have to do a lot of editing when you upgrade to 1.1 :D:(
My EXTRA.css is loaded up but I still have a good amount of templates that will be going into notepad ++ once I upgrade to 1.1 o_O

On a really side note Luke, I am absolutely loving how much effort and detail you're putting in your site. It truly shows how much you care about your board :), I LOVE the style.
Thank you very much Russ! It's always nice to hear complements on something I've put a good amount of time into. I'm never satisfied with my work, so it will be changing/improving as long as its in my hands.

Top Bottom