1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Removing Avatar Dimension Restrictions on Member Card and Other Places

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Amaury, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

What file would be edited to remove the 192 x 192 dimension restrictions and increase the dimensions to 200 x 200? I know it's possible, as @mistypants has done it for her site.

Thanks!

2. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

Open library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php and find:
    PHP:
    protected static $_sizes = array(

'l' => 192,

'm' => 96,

's' => 48

);
    Edit the numbers to whatever you would like. That will change the size at which XenForo stores large sized avatars. You'll have to do further CSS and template edits to show the entire avatar on places like the member card.

Amaury likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'll direct @Nights here next time he's on and have him take a look. Thanks!

4. Nights

Nights Member

I've been avoiding doing this simply because all of the headache. Like Misty said, it will require css to get all the images to display correctly. Not only that but users would have to re-upload images as they would become distorted. Unless I did it wrong the last time. I can change it for you, if you want, I'm just saying it was a pain dealing with.

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

We can discuss it later when you're available on Skype.

I know that the file edit would have to be redone each time we update our XenForo version, but the CSS edits would be a one time thing.