XF 1.5 Removing addons through CLI

Mindzipper

I need to remove several add-ons with my XenForo 1.5 install to clean up the DB.

On my 2.x versions i can add/remove/change add-ons and themes using the CLI which is of course, magnitudes faster than using the browser in the admin section

Right now, we're using a tiny instance and we're removing as many add-ons as possible to get past leaving orphan folders/files when we upgrade to the latest version.

Can we manage add-ons the same way? if so could someone point me to docs on doing this? it would be so much faster than doing it manually (taking up to 8 minutes to completely remove each add-on

XF1 does not have support for installing or removing add-ons via CLI.

If I remember correctly, you can 'interrupt' the template rebuild process by pressing back on the browser, then uninstall another add-on, and repeat.

It's been a while since I did that though so no guarantees ...

If I remember correctly, you can 'interrupt' the template rebuild process by pressing back on the browser, then uninstall another add-on, and repeat.

OK great. Never heard of that. I'll try tonight. I appreciate it.

Well this is a problem. I tested this, and it's counter intuitive. it DOES remove the add-on from the board, and of course leaves all kinds of remnants in templates since the purging process is interrupted, but more than that, and this is the worst, it does NOT remove the folders from the server.

So if you want to keep a clean forum, this is not the way to do it. In fact, I wouldn't recommend doing this at all because your templates and perms are going to be left littered with options that don't exist, your files are going to get messy and there will be a lot of orphan files left over.

Bummer. I expected the template problem but I had hoped starting then disrupting wouldn't leave the add-on files and directories there

Top Bottom