1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Remove "Show online status"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by dosc, Jul 27, 2012.

1. dosc

dosc New Member

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I found this by using the search function: remove show online status

dosc likes this.
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

try this one

if you don't have tms installed, you'll need to change the templates (see readme.html)

Attached Files:

Adam Howard and dosc like this.
  5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

the addon will:

1. set all users to visible while the installation
    2. remove the checkbox from http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences and the form from the visitor navigation
    3. manipulate the input when the user saves his preferences and set the variable for the "visibility" always to true

if you change ONLY the template, some smart user would only need to include the missing checkbox or the variable via a hidden input field and he wouldn't be visible again

maszd likes this.
  6. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I did this by template modification. I think this is OK done BEFORE a forum goes live. If you have a live forum, the addon is best because it toggles the visibility to "always true". As a newcomer I suggest you install the TMS; it is great for keeping track of changes. As you learn more, you will get sucked into making changes because you'll always find something you want changed. You will wind up using the TMS for most everything, but you still need to create templates for some jobs, and you WILL get deep into styling properties at the very least.

XenForo = changes made just because you can

7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Oh this is a little toy that I'm going to enjoy

Thank you :)

8. DRaver

DRaver Active Member

Is this plugin working for 1.2?

This should be core.

9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member