Remove share this page and share this post

gail

I'm looking at add-ons prior to purchasing XenForo. I see one add-on for removing share this page [i.e., to FB and other social media.]

Isn't there also an option for people to share their own posts? If so, I can't find anything for remove share this post. Do you know of any add-on for that or would it take customization?

Also, are there any other things that can be shared to social media. We don't want anything to be shared to any social media pages or anything and we'd need to remove all sharing options for any type of post.

Thank you

Do note that whilst you can disable the sharing options, it won't completely stop sharing as users could simply copy the URL for the thread or post and manually share that on social media. The only way to truly prevent it would be to make your whole site privately so that any shared URLs would only show the error & login page.

Out of interest why don't you want to prevent sharing on social media?

Do note that whilst you can disable the sharing options, it won't completely stop sharing as users could simply copy the URL for the thread or post and manually share that on social media. The only way to truly prevent it would be to make your whole site privately so that any shared URLs would only show the error & login page.

Out of interest why don't you want to prevent sharing on social media?

We will have some information we don't want made public and sometimes members might not realize or might forget that something is not to be shared.

If we have our forums readable for registered users only, will that prevent users from copying the URL for the thread or post to share manually on social media?

If we have our forums readable for registered users only, will that prevent users from copying the URL for the thread or post to share manually on social media?
so that any shared URLs would only show the error & login page.
think so he already answered it. but anyhow if you make it readable to registered users only then when users will copy your website url to any social site and it will display there an error page saying them to login, it will not prevent from copying url but it will prevent displaying of data on social sites ;)

think so he already answered it. but anyhow if you make it readable to registered users only then when users will copy your website url to any social site and it will display there an error page saying them to login, it will not prevent from copying url but it will prevent displaying of data on social sites ;)

Thanks - that's what I was hoping for.

Top Bottom