XF 2.0 Remove notifications/alerts for posts in a thread a user is already viewing

Meadow

Hi there,

A number of my users have asked whether I can change the alerts settings to remove alerts to do with a specific thread the moment that thread is visited by the user. The logic being that they are going to see new posts etc in there when they visit it, and therefore they don't need the alerts anymore.

EG:
Username has 21 alerts
10 of those alerts are posts and likes in Thread X
Username goes to Thread X manually
Username would now have 11 alerts because the 10 are assumed to be taken care of

I have seen this functionality, or something very like it, on other XF 2.0 forums. Any help gratefully received.

A number of my users have asked whether I can change the alerts settings to remove alerts to do with a specific thread the moment that thread is visited by the user. The logic being that they are going to see new posts etc in there when they visit it, and therefore they don't need the alerts anymore.

You might like this add-on:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/alerts.6373/

My Alert Improvements add-on for XF1 does this, and the XF2 version should be released early next week after some final testing.
Hi Xon, I've been keeping an eye on your thread to see if Alert Improvements is available yet, and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on your thread anymore. Is it still coming? Thanks.

Top Bottom