Lack of interest Remove Last Activity from the Profile Sidebar

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amaury

This is again being based off of this. Additionally, it goes hand-in-hand with my previous suggestion.

Your last activity is already shown under your username on your profile, so, while it only shows the date and time (or the date if it's been a week or longer since your last activity), why have it again in the profile sidebar? Seems kind of redundant, if you ask me.

Again, it's as simple as commenting out or removing the code from the member_view template, but I think it would be nice if it were like this by default.

Before:
bpKIgk8.png

After:
bpbabR7.png

This would also solve the the wrapping issue with dates and times I brought up here.

Last edited:
Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It shows a date if its been longer than the last day or two (I forget when the JavaScript cuts off).

Okay, I just realized I explained that wrong, haha!

The Last Activity section on the profile sidebar shows only the date and time of your last activity, not your location, too, like under your username. Once it's been a week since your last activity, it shows only the date.

So, Jeremy, if you don't mind me using you for an example, let's say that your last activity was yesterday and you weren't active again until Wednesday, September 25. It'd look like this:

• Today at 12:00 PM
  • Yesterday at 12:00 PM
  • Wednesday at 12:00 PM

It would remain that last one through Tuesday; once Wednesday came along again, it'd be see this:
Sep 18, 2013

I also noticed this would resolve that "issue" with wrapping, which I've edited into the OP along with the activity stuff.

I agree with this.

Both of them seem like they can be merged into one since both are visible on all profile pages and they're pretty close together.

Top Bottom