Resource icon

Remove Index Title From All Pages On Your Forum

M@rc

Title : Remove Index Title From All Pages On Your Forum

I've wanted to know this from the start, since I've purchased an XenForo license. I never played around with the templates those days. I was a custom to vB's templates, lol.

Well, basically, this tutorial helps you remove the forum's index title, from all of the forums that you created for your community. ( screen shot below )

Example :

x1y23m.png

Now, let's get down to business, shall we? You're required to do a simple modification in your templates.

Step by Step :

• Appearance => Templates => PAGE_CONTAINER
Search and find :

Code:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

Remove :

Code:
 | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}

Then push the save button.

It's just an aesthetic change.

It only affects how the page title is displayed in the browser tab.

What are benefits behind this?

It only affects how the page title is displayed in the browser tab.
Also, some people don't want the main keywords used from the main forum index's title, to appear on other web pages of the forum.

Search engines indexes the title, so it'll include the forum's index page keywords on every page of your XenForo forum :

10fsxfb.png

That's a fair point.

Personally I'd rather my site name appeared in search results though.
Every little helps, as the saying goes ;)

Personally I'd rather my site name appeared in search results though.
Every little helps, as the saying goes ;)
Yeah, it's good if you used a "site name" , but if you're just using lots of keywords, then it's not a good idea...

Where would I find the information to take that out of my url, so my homepage url doesnt display the index.php tail?

Thanks

M@rc submitted a new resource:

Remove Index Title From All Pages On Your Forum (version 1.0) - How to remove the the index title from the title element

This shows you how to remove the index title from the title element of the pages in your forum.

Example :

View attachment 26016

Now, let's get down to business, shall we? You're required to do a simple modification in your templates.

Step by Step :

• Appearance => Templates => PAGE_CONTAINER
Search and find :

Code:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else...

Read more about this resource...

I did something similar to this when I was running vb + vbseo. But I actually had the forum title that it was in. This way, Google knows better as to what this topic is fully about. Anyway to add the section title to the end of the title of the thread?

Top Bottom