XF 1.5 Remove forums navbar

Ashley S

Hey all.
Newbie with XenForo at the moment just wondering how can you remove the forums from back navbar and header?

Example below.

WtPM9SD.png

Thanks.

When you say forums, are you talking about the Forums link? If so, you can remove it from the navigation template.

I want the one in the blue header to be removed and the one under the logo, so basically one above logo and below to be removed searched around and can't find anywhere to remove it.
Thanks.

I want the one in the blue header to be removed and the one under the logo, so basically one above logo and below to be removed searched around and can't find anywhere to remove it.
Thanks.

You can remove the forum link in the blue header, by removing this code from the template I mentioned above.

HTML:
<a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="navLink">{$tabs.forums.title}</a>
                <a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

To remove it under the logo go to the breadcrumb template and remove this part in there.

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$selectedTab}">
                <span class="crust selectedTabCrumb"{xen:if $microdata, ' itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"'}>
                    <a href="{$selectedTab.href}" class="crumb"{xen:if $microdata, ' rel="up" itemprop="url"'}><span{xen:if $microdata, ' itemprop="title"'}>{$selectedTab.title}</span></a>
                    <span class="arrow"><span>&gt;</span></span>
                </span>
            </xen:if>

Are you running an actual home page or does your home link to the forums?

If you're not running a home page I would not suggest removing the forums link and instead remove the URL found in Basic Board Information: Home Page URL, this will remove the "Home" link from the breadcrumb/nav. If you wanted to change the "Forums" wording then I'd do a phrase change.

Top Bottom