Resource icon

Remove delay from navigation popup 1.0

No permission to download

CyberAP

CyberAP submitted a new resource:

Remove delay from navigation popup (version 1.0) - This hack removes standard delay on navigation tab arrow (SplitCtrl)

This hack was developed by Pepelac, all credits go to him.

I have noticed that XenForo adds some delay before opening tab menu and it was confirmed. So here is javascript that replaces this function by completely overwriting it and removes the delay.

You need to include this javascript file after the main...

Read more about this resource...

This was and still is a good modification. But if you're site is heavily loaded with add-ons, templates, and other 3rd party stuff... Mine has well over 150....

I started to get an error in Firefox (not always, just once in a while) that a script had stop responding. Removing this 1 seemed to correct it.

Most likely a conflict between another one, but my case is rare and I would still recommend this to anyone who wants that little extra tweak.

I got it to work like this:

*uploads file to javascript folder*

Goes to page_container_js_head

Code:
    <script src="{$jQuerySource}"></script>  
    <xen:if is="{$jQuerySource} != {$jQuerySourceLocal}">
        <script>if (!window.jQuery) { document.write('<scr'+'ipt type="text/javascript" src="{$jQuerySourceLocal}"><\/scr'+'ipt>'); }</script>
    </xen:if><xen:if is="{$xenOptions.uncompressedJs} == 1 OR {$xenOptions.uncompressedJs} == 3">
    <script src="{$javaScriptSource}/jquery/jquery.xenforo.rollup.js?_v={$xenOptions.jsVersion}"></script></xen:if>  
    <script src="{xen:helper javaScriptUrl, '{$javaScriptSource}/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v={$xenOptions.jsVersion}'}"></script>
<!--XenForo_Require:JS-->
<xen:require js="js/popupMenu.js" />

How do I get rid of that down pointing arrow?

Removing <span class="arrow"></span> from navigation template didn't work.

How do I get rid of that down pointing arrow?

Removing <span class="arrow"></span> from navigation template didn't work.

Hopefully i never mis-read. You can try adding the following in EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed:hover .SplitCtrl {
  background: none transparent;
}

Would be nice if the core had settings for menus in the style properties for this. (just thinking out loud).

It'd be really nice if we had these things animated with CSS, just by triggering right classes. They way it's done now is absolutely not suitable for any kind of customization, unfortunately. (At least if you're not a JS guru)

It'd be really nice if we had these things animated with CSS, just by triggering right classes. They way it's done now is absolutely not suitable for any kind of customization, unfortunately. (At least if you're not a JS guru)

I have to admit, JS scares me.

Top Bottom