Remove Date Of Birth

Remove Date Of Birth 1.2

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Remove Date Of Birth - Removes date of birth from user registration page.

Description:

This add-on will remove the date of birth question during registration. I feel it's important to make registration as easy as possible. The member can always update their date of birth on their Personal Details page if they wish.

This add-on modifies the member_view template.

Installation:
  1. Download addon-removedateofbirth_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  3. Upload the...

Read more about this resource...

This works great for email logins but still asks for Date of Birth for Facebook, Google (external accounts) logins. It's very confusing as we take out from one location and then find it in external login then giving errors.

Hi,

I'm using XenForo v1.5 and the update still didn't remove the date of birth and the two check boxes below it in the member Personal Details page. All of that still remains below Custom Title:

Thanks...

Hi,
I'm using XenForo v1.5 and the update still didn't remove the date of birth and the two check boxes below it in the member Personal Details page. All of that still remains below Custom Title:

I like that as a feature update for the product too. If you check the description you'll see it currently claims to remove the birthday requirement during registration, not form the account options.

It worked for me both in 1.4 and 1.5

I like that as a feature update for the product too. If you check the description you'll see it currently claims to remove the birthday requirement during registration, not from the account options.
Thanks @popowich, as I just spent awhile trying to figure out why this add-on would not remove the DOB info from the Personal Details page! :confused: When I re-read the add-on description, it was obvious! (i.e. addon only removes the date-of-birth question, during registration.)

Last edited:
If you have a cPanel and have access to it use phpMyAdmin and run the 3 query lines below. You can just copy and paste all 3 lines and run them all at once. That will reset the DOB for all of your members.

Code:
update xf_user_profile set dob_day='0';
update xf_user_profile set dob_month='0';
update xf_user_profile set dob_year='0';

If you have a cPanel and have access to it use phpMyAdmin and run the 3 query lines below. You can just copy and paste all 3 lines and run them all at once. That will reset the DOB for all of your members.

Code:
update xf_user_profile set dob_day='0';
update xf_user_profile set dob_month='0';
update xf_user_profile set dob_year='0';

I had deleted the post you were replying to, but thank you!

For those without cPanel or phpMyAdmin, below is what worked for me from SSH.

Backup database first, and replace "dbname" with your database name.

Code:
mysql -uroot -p dbname

Enter MySQL root password when prompted

UPDATE xf_user_profile SET dob_day = 0, dob_month = 0, dob_year = 0;

Hi, this plugin seems to not work on my website.

I have the latest xenforo version, I'm using litespeed and php7. After the installation the requirement for date of birth is not removed from the registration.

Top Bottom