XF 2.0 Remove addons from Installable addons?

Nicky Vermeersch

I was trying out some addons, but now that I've uninstalled them they keep showing up as 'Installable addons'. Is there any way to get rid of them so they no longer show up in the Addon list as well?

I'm not so worried about the database tables, though some addons create names that make it appear as official xf_tables, which can be troublesome to figure out if you want them gone or not. As long as I can clear the list of 'Installable addons' I'm happy.

edit: seems deleting the addon's folder from the /src/<author/brand> folder does the trick!

i would suggest to download the addon and figure out the directory first before deleting them or download the files and delete the addons and re-upload it

I'm not so worried about the database tables, though some addons create names that make it appear as official xf_tables, which can be troublesome to figure out if you want them gone or not. As long as I can clear the list of 'Installable addons' I'm happy.

edit: seems deleting the addon's folder from the /src/<author/brand> folder does the trick!
Thanks for the trick my friend, it works perfect! :D

I'm surprised there is not an option to completely remove an add-on from your forum. Is this something XenForo will be adding in the future?
I'm surprised nobody has suggested it yet. :D

I've suggested it just now. Like the first post in this thread if you want to see it happen (hopefully)....

A temporary fix is to rename the add-on directory by adding a dot in front of it, which will hide it. So src/addons/Me/.MyAddon would be the new name for the directory. If anything breaks, then it's as easy as renaming it back to its original name.

Top Bottom