XF 1.3 Remove 403 Forbidden when user banned

Cao

Hi, I have a question, please help me :)

By default, when user got banned, the user's profile page will show "XenForo - Error
This user's profile is not available.
" and return error code:

Request Method:GET
Status Code:403 Forbidden

So, in google webmaster, I got so much more Crawl Errors Access denied and this not good for SEO.

2014-06-19_111947.webp

How to config/modifiy to when user banned, the user's profile still available or return status code 200?

Thanks.

This's not good solution.
Guess I'm a little different then... For me, Google (nor guests) have any business seeing user profiles.
If you want their profiles to be able to be viewed, don't use the built in ban features but create a new banned user group and add them to that group. That way the profile can be viewed.

Reactions: Cao
Guess I'm a little different then... For me, Google (nor guests) have any business seeing user profiles.
If you want their profiles to be able to be viewed, don't use the built in ban features but create a new banned user group and add them to that group. That way the profile can be viewed.
Thanks for you reply.

This's not good solution.

It actually is. It prevents Google from gathering junk search results for your site. Having your member's profiles index offers no benefit in value of the content indexed by Google or other search engines. If your user profiles are included in the index, your noise ratio goes way up and depending on the number of members.. that can be a massive amount of junk that Google has to sort through.

I'm not aware of anyone's member profile being worth indexing.... FWIW.

It actually is. It prevents Google from gathering junk search results for your site. Having your member's profiles index offers no benefit in value of the content indexed by Google or other search engines. If your user profiles are included in the index, your noise ratio goes way up and depending on the number of members.. that can be a massive amount of junk that Google has to sort through.

I'm not aware of anyone's member profile being worth indexing.... FWIW.
Then going to include all /members/ route to robots.txt :)

Top Bottom