1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember ad positions when thinking about the layout

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Dream, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Active Member

We usually write web software without thinking about ad placements on the layout. When we do think about them before making the layout however, it's when we get more return with AdSense and the likes.

I'm thinking about where to squeeze an ad around here atm.
  2. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

3. Dream

Dream Active Member

Just to add to this, the ads click through ratio of forums isn't very good in my experience. This should be looked into I think.
  4. Dream

Dream Active Member

Also, ADs just in the sidebar doesn't cut it.
  5. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

I think there are already some juicy spots for advert banners. There's the empty space top right (far right of Xenforo logo) , the empty space to the right of Xenforo Community large text (and thread titles) and of course the sidebar has some room for smaller banners.
  6. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I moved this topic to XenForo Discussions as it seems a more suited place.
  7. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

is there any provision for pre-defined placements for ad codes like they have in vb4?

it makes it very easy to place ads and other third party components in the layout without messing around with the template.

i searched through the forum... could not find anything relevant.

basically i am looking for capabilities to add my code on various parts of the forum template... in the footer, sidebar, header, besides the logo and so on!